1. Find a pattern - for this layout I used a busy teal pattern cardstock
2. Find a complimentary solid color - I used a rich, textured brown
3. Contrast or compliment step # 2 - I used a soft, feminine pink (pink looks great with brown and teal!)
4. Add a pattern paper that pulls your colors together - I used a brown pattern paper with blue/teal, pink and beige flowers.
5. Embellish using colors on your layout
2 - 12 x 12 teal pattern cardstock
Border - tear strips from paper and then layer as shown:
1 torn 4" strip from brown
1 torn 3" strip from pink
1 torn 2" strip from brown/blue/pink pattern paper
1 - 5x7 pink pattern paper
1 - 6.75 x 4.75 teal or blue solid
1 - 6.5 x 4.5 solid (I used black but you can use any dark color that works with your layout)
Background goes down, then the border to the side. Add your photo matte and photo, then place a photo at the bottom of your layout. The other page would use the same border pattern and place your photos where you want. Be sure to add a title and jouraling. On my right side page I will add the journaling. I will probably use teal patterned and/or pink ones for the title on the left page.
To view this layout, I place a short video on YouTube, just click here ScrapWithMe